This article is meant to be a brief summary on how you can connect your IT system to the mobile network for sending SMS, and you can learn which connection type is the best for this purpose. It will discuss the Internet based SMS connections and GSM modem/GSM phone based (wireless) connections. The included information help you design an efficient and well working SMS system.
When you would like to start to set up an SMS system in your IT environment, the first thing you need to consider is the volume of SMS messages you wish to send and receive in the system. Based on this information, you can choose the most suitable connection type. In case you plan to send/receive less than 15 000 SMS per day you can choose the GSM modem connectivity. In order to reach a higher SMS traffic, an Internet based SMS connection is recommended. You also need to employ an SMS gateway software (for example, Ozeki NG SMS Gateway) that will manage all your outgoing and incoming SMS message traffic.
Sending SMS with a GSM modem/GSM phone
In order to connect the SMS system to the mobile network wirelessly, you need a GSM modem or a GSM phone. This GSM device will be attached to the PC with a data cable. The SMS gateway will operate this phone and send/receive SMS messages wirelessly. The greatest advantage of this solution is that there is no need for any Internet connection so it can be set up easily and immediately.
Components of GSM modem connection:
– SIM Card ?You can obtain a SIM card from the selected mobile service provider, it will come with an SMS plan that determines the SMS costs. The SIM card needs to be placed into the GSM device and it will provide the telephone number for SMS messaging from PC.
– GSM Modem ?It is recommended to use a standard modem such as Sierra Wireless series.
– Data cable – Comes with the modem.
– Computer – Recommended: Intel P4 3Ghz, 2GB RAM, 500MB HDD, Windows OS.
– SMS gateway – such as Ozeki NG SMS Gateway
GSM modem vs GSM phone
As it was mentioned in the list, it is recommended to choose a standard GSM modem instead of a GSM phone. GSM modems are much more reliable than phones. GSM phones operate with a battery that can fail, and they cannot serve continuous SMS traffic for a long time. Furthermore, standard handsets can be used for sending messages; however, there is a good chance that their built in SMS client software will “eat” incoming delivery reports and incoming SMS and MMS messages, and these messages will never make it to the PC through the data cable. As opposed to this, GSM modems ensure seamless communication for a long term. They also have an external antenna giving better signal strength and an external power supply that is not likely to fail. GSM phones are ideal for testing purposes.
Advantages of using a GSM modem/GSM phone connection over Internet connections:
1. It does not require Internet connection (no Internet outages, etc.)
2. GSM modem connection is cost efficient (you can find SMS plans with low or zero cost for SMS traffic)
3. It can be set up in a really short time. You can immediately start with downloading an SMS gateway software and attach a GSM phone to the PC.
Disadvantages of using a GSM modem/GSM phone connection:
1. GSM modem connection鎶?disadvantage derives from its capacity. It can serve up to 12 000 ?15 000 SMS messages daily. You can increase this number by connecting more than one GSM modems.
2. Sending SMS over GSM connection can also fail because of the overload of the GSM network. It is quite rare but it can occur for example, at New Year鎶?Eve when the SMS traffic reaches a critical level.
3. The mobile phone subscription instagram followers hack cheats on the SIM card might run out of money. If you use a prepaid SIM card, you will not be able to send SMS messages until you top up your balance.
4. GSM modem connection only allows to use fix sender address. It means that you cannot change the sender ID in case of outgoing messages, for example, to your company name, etc., but the phone number of your SIM card will be the sender address of your messages.
Sending SMS over the Internet (IP SMS)
We can call the Internet based SMS connection as IP SMS connections, as well. For example, Ozeki NG SMS Gateway uses a TCP/IP link to connect directly to the Short Message Service Center (SMSC) of a mobile network or an SMS service provider. In order to connect to the SMSC of the service provider, you need to sign a contract with the provider. Once it is done, you will get all information to get access to their services.
Please note that you need to select an operator or provider that supports an official SMS protocol (SMPP, UCP, CIMD2). The most popular IP SMS protocol is SMPP.
Advantages of using IP SMS connection:
1. It allows to reach really high speed. Internet SMS connections can serve up to 500 SMS messages per second.
2. No physical device is needed.
3. Problems with wireless links, such as low GSM signal strength will not affect your system
4. Flexible sender address assignment is possible. When you send out an SMS messages you can freely specify the sender phone number.
Disadvantages of IP SMS connection:
1. Sometimes, it is time-consuming to sign a contract with large providers to get access information.
2. It can be costly, especially if there are monthly fees at the selected provider.
3. It requires more time to setup than GSM modem connections. Often firewalls need to be opened and parameters need to be negotiated with the SMS service providers.
In case your business needs only a few SMS traffic at the beginning but later this volume needs to be increased, dragon city hack tool you can do the follows: first, you can configure a GSM modem connection in your SMS gateway. Later, if it is required, you can connect more GSM modems to the system to increase SMS traffic. When you plan to send and receive more than 15 000 messages daily, you can easily switch to IP SMS connection. Please note that when you estimate the SMS traffic, you need to consider the outgoing and incoming SMS message numbers together (SMS traffic=outgoing + incoming SMSs). With a flexible and powerful SMS gateway, such as Ozeki NG SMS Gateway, you can configure more than connections simultaneously to build a reliable and cost-effective SMS system.
Keep instagram followers cheats tool online in mind
Whatever your needs are, it is worth to spend some time on selecting the appropriate connection method. In all cases, a powerful SMS gateway is required to manage the connection. If you have Ozeki NG SMS Gateway installed you can check the “Add service provider” link on the Management console to find out more information.
Source: (The official website of Ozeki NG SMS Gateway)